Sunday, December 9, 2012

Taiwan: Part 5

A close friend of the family's took us out the next day to an upscale restaurant in Taiwan, the Ahmi Cafe. What a treat it was. A beautiful fusion of Asian and European cuisine. Looking at these pictures is making me hungry again! We started the meal with a delicious light spring salad and miso soup, then enjoyed a delicious grilled steak or seafood platter. Fresh fruit and a lovely cup of tea ended this delightful meal.

 




Afterwards, my mom and I ventured off to do a little shopping. We found a super cute kitty sitting on the check out counter of a jewelry store. She was just too cute to not post on this blog.


Later, we headed out to eat, again! This time we got beef noodle soup, philly cheese steak and fries (so funny!), and almond shaved ice and almond tofu dessert to top the evening. The beef noodle soup was completely different than the other we had, but just as delicious. You can get two types, super spicy or not spicy. I didn't have any philly cheese steak, but I did have some almondy desserts! :)

The almond shaved ice was just heavenly. I added red bean as my topping. It is a must try!



No comments:

Post a Comment