Sunday, October 27, 2013

Grilled Pork Chops with Date and Cilantro Relish

I was happily surprised the other day when I checked my mailbox and found Bon Appetit magazine waiting for me. Who knows how they found me, but I'm so glad they did. I ripped out a bunch of recipes and put them on our fridge. The first recipe I made was the grilled pork chops with date and cilantro relish. It was delicious and more importantly, super easy. All I have to say is Bon Appetit, you've won me.

What you need:
2 pork chops or 1 pork tenderloin (go to Bon Appetit's website for the pork tenderloin recipe) 
* You can use any other meat that floats your boat. It would do beautifully with poultry or lamb.

Relish
3 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
2/3 cup Medjool dates, deseeded and chopped into small pieces
2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Dash of salt and pepper

Marinade
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro 
3 tbsp. salt

Directions:
1. Get your pork chops marinating to get the meat infused with flavor. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and place your pork in the mix. Refrigerate until you're ready to cook. 1 to 3 hours is the perfect amount of time.
2. Prepare your date-cilantro relish. Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate.  
3. Remove pork chops from marinade. Dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Mist the grill pan with a little oil and grill away. Getting the grill really hot will make sure your pork chops get a beautiful sear
4. Serve with date-cilantro relish on top! 

No comments:

Post a Comment