Friday, March 29, 2013

Hashtag Wedding Diet

With Ty and I's wedding fast approaching in May, we're both realizing that those fast food runs to Wendy's and lazy pick-up orders from the nearby Thai restaurant might not be the best idea (me being the most guilty of eating out and choosing not such healthy eats). We both want our figures at its best and I personally want my skin glowing and radiant, and pimple free. Yes, I'm convinced that what you eat does show on your skin (at least it does on mine). That's why we've started this "non-diet" diet! It's not based off of any existing diet that I know of. Really it just prioritizes healthy balanced meals that offer all the different elements of the food pyramid. If you focus on eating a balanced meal and remember to stay away from some not so good for you things, you're well on your way to a healthier you. And that's what matters most. Weight loss comes second. Though here's a fun fact, I started this diet on Monday, and my pants are already starting to feel looser, really!

What I've been staying away from:
  • Alcohol 
  • Soda
  • Refined sugars
  • Fried/Greasy foods
  • Processed foods (pretty much things that come in a box and have a never-ending shelf life)
 
What I've been eating so far:
Breakfast:
  • Plain oatmeal with fruit (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.) and a little low-fat milk
  • Kashi high fiber cereal and a little low-fat milk
  • Plain cottage cheese with fruit
  • Boiled egg
 Lunch: 
  • Spinach salad with  chickpeas, kidney beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, carrots, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, and a little balsamic vinegar
Snacks (throughout the day):
  • A handful of trail mix (the no m&m kind)
  • Dried apricots
  • Dried prunes
  • Fresh fruit
  • Baked vegetable chips
  • Low-fat string cheese
 Dinner:
  • Chicken cacciatore with any vegetable on the side (broccoli, asparagus, etc.)
  • Turkey burger (without the bun) and with a salad on the side
  • Fried rice with peas and corns and ground turkey
  • Grilled lamb kabob with basmati rice and vegetables on the side  
Dessert:
  •  I allow myself one guilty treat a day. For me, that's one milano cookie, or one small brownie, or a bite of Ty's favorite coffee ice cream, after dinner.

What I've been drinking so far:
  • Lots of water
  • Lots of green tea
  • Trying to stay away from coffee since it dehydrates and I prefer coffee with sugar

Hope you guys find this helpful!

1 comment: