Monday, August 20, 2012

Classic Israeli Salad

Wow, it has been a very long time since my last post. But I would like nothing more than sharing my first home cooked meal with you since being overseas these past few months :)

While overseas, I got to spend a good amount of time in Amman and Tel Aviv and it was fabulous. My favorite past-time, not surprisingly, was getting to experience the local cuisine. Middle Eastern food is so vibrant. I could honestly write a novel about the richness and depth of flavors of their food. I spent my days trying all the different varieties of falafel, hummus, schwarma, the fresh herb salads, and the little sweet treats from the bakery. And it'd be wrong of me to not mention the wonders of their black coffee with cardamon and chai tea. Just delightful.

To celebrate and commemorate my time there, I decided to prepare baked chicken sprinkled with cajun seasoning and Israeli salad and fresh corn on the cob. What I'd love to share with you is my twist on the Israeli salad. It's an incredibly easy and super delicious way to treat yourself to those much needed vegetables. Enjoy!
What you'll need:
1 Cucumber
1 Tomato
1/2 Onion
Bunch of cilantro
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

 Directions:
1. Chop the cucumber, tomato, and onion into small cubes. Place into bowl.
2. Chop cilantro into small pieces. Mix with vegetables.
3. Add lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
4. Season with sea salt and black pepper.

And that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment